Thursday, June 19, 2008

ePen

After a long time, I'm starting a new OSS project called "ePen". From the description:

ePen - A cross platform tool for creative writers and book authors. ePen is able to manage all information around a book project: The actual text, descriptions of the characters and scenes, the storyline.

ePen should become for authors what a pen was for centuries: A simple tool to convert ideas into amazing, breathtaking stories.

Right now, ePen is in the planning stage even though I'll commit a prototype this weekend. The first thing on the agenda is to decide how to implement the tool. The prototype was done in Python and PyQt and while it was a nice experience, the text editor leaves a lot to be desired (read: it sucks). I've collected my thoughts in this wiki.

I've also create a Google Group for discussions.

No comments: